1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer

La Venerabile Arciconfraternita dei SS. Ambrogio e Carlo

  • The Basilica of SS. Ambrose and Charles on the Corso (Print by Giuseppe Vasi)

  • Pietro da Cortona designed the dome, the fifth of Rome for amplitude

  • The fall of the rebellious angels, a fresco by Giacinto Brandi

  • The new website of the International Ecclesiastical College Saint Charles

  • The snowy dome of Rome by the snowfall of 2012

  • The pipe organ of Tamburini, Opus 119, was built in 1928

Previous
Next

The pipe organ of Tamburini, Opus 119, was built in 1928

Image 4

O

n the two choirs at the sides of the presbytery is the Tamburini organ opus 119, built in 1928 by Pope Pius XI and Cardinal Giovanni Porcelli Tacci. The instrument, which was drafted by Ulysses available phonic Matthey, has been restored several times in the eighties and nineties of the twentieth century and then by the firm OSL in 2008 who built a new console and changed the transmission system of mixed tire-electrical electronic in 2008. The organ, which is currently (2012) has three keyboards of 61 notes each and a pedalboard of 32.