1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer

La Venerabile Arciconfraternita dei SS. Ambrogio e Carlo

The pipe organ of Tamburini, Opus 119, was built in 1928

Image 4


n the two choirs at the sides of the presbytery is the Tamburini organ opus 119, built in 1928 by Pope Pius XI and Cardinal Giovanni Porcelli Tacci. The instrument, which was drafted by Ulysses available phonic Matthey, has been restored several times in the eighties and nineties of the twentieth century and then by the firm OSL in 2008 who built a new console and changed the transmission system of mixed tire-electrical electronic in 2008. The organ, which is currently (2012) has three keyboards of 61 notes each and a pedalboard of 32.